Welcome to the new Bluegrass Cycling Club website! We are still in transition, so if you cannot find something here, you can check the old club website
. We will keep the old site available temporarily until we get everything moved over.
Register for the 2014 Annual Banquet
Come join us for the 2014 Annual Banquet and General Meeting at Malone's Banquet Hall on the second floor of Sal's in the Lansdowne Shoppes (3373 Tates Creek Road, Lexington, KY 40502). The event will be held on Saturday night, January 18, 2014 from 7 - 10 PM.
$15 per person for dinner - Dinner reservations are LIMITED. To attend the dinner you MUST register in advance on or before Wednesday, January 15, 2014.
Schedule of events:
Social hour and dinner from 7 - 8:15 pm
General Meeting from 8:15 - 9:15 pm. All members are welcome to attend the meeting. Paper ballots will be available at the door for any member who did not receive an online ballot or who chose not to use the on-line voting system. The election results will be announced during the evening.
Join us for a wonderful evening of fine food and great cycling friends as we share memories of the 2013 Bluegrass Cycling season and talk about exciting plans for the 2014 Season. Lucky guests will have a chance to win a door prize!
Questions – Contact Mike Bagley at 859-621-3259 or Laurie Roberts at 859-338-3499
BCC Elections for 2014
Elections will be held this fall for 4 new BCC board members to be elected for 3 year terms. Any club member in good standing is eligible to run for the board. You may nominate yourself or nominate another club member. If you are nominating someone else, please make sure they are willing to serve if elected before submitting the nomination. To nominate yourself or someone else, submit the name, cell phone number, alternative number, and e-mail address for the nominee to Fred Fields at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tim Melton at email@example.com
The election and nomination timeline is as follows:
- Nominations opened on October 21, 2013 and will close December 6, 2013.
- All nominees will be contacted by a member of the nominating committee to confirm willingness to serve and to request biographical information and a digital photograph to post on the website.
- The names, digital photographs (if provided) and biographies of all members running will be posted on the BCC website in reverse alphabetical order beginning December 9, 2013.
- Members will have one week after biographies are posted to raise questions or concerns about the nomination process.
- Once voting is opened, no new nominations will be accepted.
- On-line voting will begin December 17, 2013 and will close January 15, 2014. Members who would rather not vote on line will have an opportunity to vote at the annual banquet (members can come vote even if they are not attending the banquet)
- Preliminary election results will be announced at the banquet on January 18, 2014 and new board members will begin their terms upon the completion of the one week comment period, or upon the resolution of any issues or concerns raised during the comment period.
Welcome to the Bluegrass Cycling Club
web site! This is the online home of the Horsey Hundred, and a source
for the latest information on the BCC and its activities as well as a
source for cycling in Kentucky in general. Want to go for a bike ride in
Kentucky, especially central Kentucky? You've come to the right place!
The BCC is a volunteer, not-for-profit organization that promotes all
forms of bicycling. Established in 1970 as the Bluegrass Wheelmen
, the BCC is based in Lexington, Kentucky, USA and serves the Bluegrass
region of central Kentucky and surrounding areas.
The objectives of the Bluegrass Cycling Club
- To encourage bicycling for health, recreation and transportation.
- To promote bicycle safety.
- To improve bicycling facilities;
- and to further all phases of bicycling.