To view details about the events listed below, click on the event title and you will be redirected to the Rides and Events calendar
NOTE: RIDES AND EVENTS LISTED BELOW COULD BE CANCELLED OR CHANGED AND THOSE CHANGES WILL NOT BE REFLECTED BELOW. REFER TO THE BCC FACEBOOK PAGE OR USE THIS LINK FOR THE LATEST UPDATES - ONCE IN FORUMS CLICK ON "RIDE CHANGES" Forums
The Bluegrass Cycling Club Store Now Open!!!
Hosted by Starlight Apparel
The Bluegrass Cycling Club is pleased to offer a wide range of BCC logo cycling apparel through Starlight Apparel. The store will be open from October 15 - October 30 and will open two additional times under our current agreement with Starlight Apparel. Delivery of ordered items will be 4-8 weeks after the store closes. Anticipated store order dates are as follows:
- Fall/Winter October 15 – October 30, 2014
- Spring: February 15 – February 28, 2015
- Early Summer: May 1 – May 15, 2015
You can also still order the first-ever Red River Rally long-sleeved jersey through the BCC Store!!!
HOW IT WORKS
On-Line, Direct Ordering
(alternatively, you can use this link: http://www.starlightapparel.com/ click on “shop pre-sales” then click “Bluegrass Cycling Club”)
- View the available merchandise, select what you want, choose your size, and add the item to your cart. (NOTE: The “Shop for more items” button will take you back to the Starlight home page – simply click on “Shop pre-sales” then “Bluegrass Cycling Club” to get back to our store – your previously selected items will still be in your cart.)
- MEMBER DISCOUNT CODE – All BCC members in good standing may purchase any short sleeved basic jersey, sleeveless jersey, F1 (Pro) jersey, shorts, or bibs at a 20% discount off the advertised retail price!!! The discount code can be obtained by logging on to the BCC website – You MUST be logged on to see the discount code – it is only available on the “members only” portion of the site. ENTER THE DISCOUNT CODE AFTER YOU HAVE ALL ITEMS IN YOUR CART AND BEFORE YOU GO TO THE PAYMENT SCREEN!!!! If you have issues or problems logging on please contact Pam Thomas at email@example.com for assistance.
- After you have selected all of the items you want to purchase, and have entered your discount code,click “proceed to checkout” and complete the form there.
- Decide whether you want to have your items shipped directly to you (you pay shipping) or whether you want your items shipped to the BCC, with you making arrangements for pick up (shipping is free). NOTE: You will be required to enter your shipping address regardless of the shipping option you choose – If you want your items delivered to your home, please make sure you pay for shipping, otherwise your items will be bulk shipped and you will have to make arrangements to pick your items up.
- Pay Starlight Apparel for your purchases … and that’s it!!!
If you are uncomfortable ordering or paying on line
- If you want to order BCC merchandise but are uncomfortable ordering or paying on line, please contact Pam Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pam will make arrangements with you to get your payment and submit your order.
How do I know what size to order? – Advice about sizes
- Fit Kits - Pam Thomas has fit kits. You can e-mail email@example.com to make arrangements to get the fit kit.
- Size Charts - If you are not able to get to a fit kit location, please check the Starlight size charts by clicking the “more info” button then clicking on the “FAQ’s” tab associated with the item you are interested in purchasing before you order. If you still have questions, please contact Starlight Apparel.
- If you have a 2013 Kentucky Century Challenge jersey or a 2013 Bluegrass Bike Partners jersey and you like the fit, order the same size – they are both from Starlight Apparel as well.
- NOTE: Starlight items run a bit smaller than many others, so you will likely need one size bigger than you are used to wearing. Also, long-sleeved jerseys run a bit smaller still, so order one size up from what you would order in a Starlight short sleeved or sleeveless jersey.
- Bibs and Shorts - Starlight bibs and shorts are constructed from compression materials so in the appropriate size, they will feel and fit tighter than bibs and shorts constructed with lycra … If you have never had bibs or shorts made from compression fabric, this may feel odd to you at first.
Exchanges – If you order the wrong size, we will be able to make exchanges. Starlight Apparel will have some ability to make exchanges immediately out of existing stock. If they do not have your size in stock, an order will be placed along with the next store order, so worst case, you may have to wait a bit for the exchange item to arrive.
All items EXCEPT shorts/bibs will be offered in both a dark and light version. Shorts/bibs are available only in a dark version.
Please make sure order what you want – There are MANY jersey options, and each option is a separate item in the store. All jerseys are available in both the dark and light color scheme, and in men’s and women’s cuts. Other options/choices you have for your jersey include the following:
- Basic short sleeve jersey - Active Jersey - Club cut
- relaxed waist (no elastic) - Friendly word of advice - If you order this make sure it's what you want - This style tends to move around a bit more and may not stay down as well as a jersey with elastic on the bottom.
- elastic bottom
- F1 (Pro+) short sleeve jersey – Elastic bottom
- Sleeveless club cut active jersey relaxed bottom (no elastic)
- Long sleeved club cut winter jersey – elastic bottom
Shorts and bibs are available in both men’s and women’s sizes, and only in the black, blue and white color scheme. Note that the shorts/bibs will also work with the light-colored jerseys as the blue color is the same in both the dark and light color versions.
All other items available through the store are unisex sizes, except the tri tanks, which are available in both men’s and women’s sizes. Please be sure to look at the measurements for each item you order before you place your order!!!
Nominations are Now Open for 4 Positions on the BCC Board of Directors
The Bluegrass Cycling Club is governed by a twelve member board of directors. Members serve a term of three years, with four board members elected annually. Pursuant to the BCC by-laws, board members may not serve more than two consecutive terms. Board members whose terms expire include George Pierce, Pam Thomas, Randy Thomas, and Patrick Weslosky. All members whose terms are expiring may run again except Pam Thomas, who has already served two terms.
The Board has appointed Pam Thomas and Gayle Tomkinson to serve as the nominating committee. Nominations for the four open board seats should be submitted to Pam Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any member may nominate himself or herself, or another BCC member. Any nomination must include the person’s name, e-mail address, and telephone number. Gayle or Pam will follow up with each nominee to confirm that he/she would like to be a candidate and to provide the format for submission of a photograph and biographical statement for publication on the BCC website. Nominations will remain open from October 15-November 30. Biographies and photographs of candidates will be posted on the BCC Website beginning December 1. On-line voting will be conducted beginning December 15th.
Please consider serving on the board or nominating someone you think would be an excellent representative to serve on the board! We need good strong board members to continue our tradition of excellence!
Tips About Riding With The Bluegrass Cycling Club
We are happy that so many new members have joined our club this year!! We encourage everyone to take a few minutes to review our ride guidelines, which can be accessed by clicking on the button below. It is very important for all riders to take the time to review ride descriptions, and to honestly assess whether you have the experience and fitness to successfully participate in the ride as described. Our goal is for everyone to be safe and have fun on our rides, and this works best when everyone attends rides that are suitable for them.
If you are unsure whether a ride is appropriate for you PLEASE give the ride leader a call before the ride and he or she will be happy to advise you. It is ALWAYS better to ask in advance!
If you are brand new to cycling, please take a bit of time to learn how your bike works - how your gears shift, how your brakes work, and how to stop and start before joining a group ride. We can help you develop group riding skills, and become a better and stronger rider, but you need to have a basic understanding of how your bike works first. If you need assistance in learning the basics about your bike, contact our Education Committee chairperson Pam Thomas at email@example.com and she will help connect you with a club member who can help you!
Welcome to the Bluegrass Cycling Club
web site! This is the online home of the Horsey Hundred, and a source
for the latest information on the BCC and its activities as well as a
source for cycling in Kentucky in general. Want to go for a bike ride in
Kentucky, especially central Kentucky? You've come to the right place!
The BCC is a volunteer, not-for-profit organization that promotes all
forms of bicycling. Established in 1970 as the Bluegrass Wheelmen
, the BCC is based in Lexington, Kentucky, USA and serves the Bluegrass
region of central Kentucky and surrounding areas.
The objectives of the Bluegrass Cycling Club
- To encourage bicycling for health, recreation and transportation.
- To promote bicycle safety.
- To improve bicycling facilities;
- and to further all phases of bicycling.