The Bluegrass Cycling Club offers multiple rides almost every day of the week. Please come join us! For more information about how we operate and to see more detailed descriptions of our pace groups and ride types, please check our ride guidelines, which can be accessed here:
To view details about the events listed below, click on the event title and you will be redirected to the Rides and Events calendar
Bluegrass Bike Partners Ride - Midway Kentucky
Saturday, August 9, 2014
Registration is now open!!!
- Continental breakfast 7:45 - 9:45 am
- Lunch 11:15 am - 2:00 pm
- 4 distances offered 16+/-, 26, 36, 50 +/-
- The 16 is for all levels, including novice riders and the course will be an out and back
- The 50 is for riders who can maintain at least a 16 mph pace due to time constraints for lunch
- Maps and cue sheets provided - Roads will be marked.
- Pre-registration on line through August 6, 2014 $25.00
- Day of ride registration $35
Riders may purchase lunch for non-riding companions for a cost of $10.
Event will go rain or shine although organizers reserve the right to reschedule or cancel the event due to severe weather. Any changes will be posted on the BCC Forum and on the BCC facebook page.
Check out the new BCC kit design!!!
The BCC Board is pleased to announce that the new BCC on-line Club Store, hosted by Starlight Apparel will be opening soon! Thanks to the BCC Merchandise Committee for coordinating and organizing this effort, and to Greg Charkoudian for the new design. You can see the basic jersey and bib designs below. Items that will be available for purchase through the on-line store in both the dark and light color schemes include the following:
- Basic full zip jersey short sleeve or sleeveless, club or race cut, elastic or no elastic at the bottom
- F1 full zip short sleeve jersey with cool max, flat lock stitching, elastic bottom and mesh sides
- Pro + bib shorts (dark only - will work with either jersey color scheme)
- Pro + shorts (black only - will work with either jersey color scheme - shorts will not have text or stripes on back panel)
- Wind vest with mesh back
- Wind jacket with vented back
- Polar vortex thermal jacket
- Long sleeved jersey
- Fleece lined arm warmers
- Short fingered cycing gloves
A 20% members only discount will be available on all basic and F1 jerseys, shorts and bibs. The store will remain open for a period of two weeks, and orders will be placed directly with Starlight Apparel. Delivery will be 4-6 weeks after the store closes. You will have the option to pay to have your items shipped directly to you. If you do not choose to have items delivered directly, your items will be bulk shipped and may be picked up from a member of the BCC merchandise committee.
Fit kits will be available for jerseys and bibs, as well as samples of the other items that may be purchased. The current plan is to "open" the store 4 times over the course of a year, so members will have multiple opportunities to purchase great BCC merchandise! More details will be provided when the store opens.
Save the date - The 2014 Red River Rally is October 4-5, 2014
It is never too early to begin planning for the 2014 Red River Rally in the beautiful Red River Gorge. Consider renting a cabin and staying for the weekend! It is a beautiful time of year there and cabins fill up fast so plan ahead! In addition to cycling, you can hike, zip line, and enjoy some fabulous food. More information about the rides will be available soon.
Some BCC Members and Friends at the Sky Bridge Rest Stop in 2013
Welcome to the Bluegrass Cycling Club
web site! This is the online home of the Horsey Hundred, and a source
for the latest information on the BCC and its activities as well as a
source for cycling in Kentucky in general. Want to go for a bike ride in
Kentucky, especially central Kentucky? You've come to the right place!
The BCC is a volunteer, not-for-profit organization that promotes all
forms of bicycling. Established in 1970 as the Bluegrass Wheelmen
, the BCC is based in Lexington, Kentucky, USA and serves the Bluegrass
region of central Kentucky and surrounding areas.
The objectives of the Bluegrass Cycling Club
- To encourage bicycling for health, recreation and transportation.
- To promote bicycle safety.
- To improve bicycling facilities;
- and to further all phases of bicycling.